Friday, December 25, 2009

Not Another Lonely Christmas

Hello Blogsville,

MERRY CHRISTMAS to each and everyone of you!!!
I hope everyone had a great celebration, and day filled with family, friends, love and joy...the things that matter most...and also remembered to recognize the reason for the season. That being said,

It's about 11.30pm here, and as the day comes to an end, my prayer is that I do not want to spend another Christmas like this again. I spent the whole day in bed hitting refresh on FB, Twitter, Blogger, Google...and just wallowing in total loneliness. My Mom was @ work, so I was all by myself...my girlies are in 9ja (I get to see them in a week). I made the usual call rounds to the fam in Naij, and just hearing the joy and excitement in their voices was heart-warming, and heart-wrenching at the same time. The joys of just being together, slaving in the kitchen to prep the meals, greedily gobbling the food down to the detriment of our poor stomachs, and then dreading the clean-up at the end of it all...I miss it.

As the days draw closer to my Naij trip, my brain/mind is going into vacation mode. It's like I can smell the BO filled air that welcomes you at the airport, can feel the humidity warm my cheeks and make my amering rose colored blush, blush. My taste buds are watering in anticipation of the variety of delicacies that await their arrival, my feet can't wait to ditch the Uggs n' boots for flip-flops n' sandals. Then there is my family, my 10month old nephew who is chasing his older brother, and My Luv...*sigh*

On a side note, can someone please tell me why this lousy 23yr old Nigerian dude decided that trying to bomb a plane was a brilliant idea? As if it wasn't bad enuff with the whole online-scams, corruption, poverty et all stigma that we are known for...now we have terrorism. I mean, al-Qaida and Nigeria in the same sentence is not a good look at all. I am proud to be Nigerian, and I'll never deny my country, but I have to admit that this breaks my heart. And I say so because of those of us who struggle everyday to rise above- rise above being black, being African, being female, being a black male. The already tough Visa process, just got tougher too! *sigh* I cringe when I think of people now talking about Nigeria and terrorism in the same sentence, or looking at me with side-eye when I say I'm Nigerian. Now in addition to rising above, we have to prove that being Nigerian doesn't mke us terrorists.

Aiight guys, time to get my lonely behind to bed, gotta be @ work by 9.30am.

Talk to you guys soon,
xoxo,
Miss Enigma!

9 comments:

Azazel said...

Have a safe flight..
On th bright side, when ppl look @ u, they'll be thinking. these nigerians that can't even blow up a simple plane. humph hehe

Anonymous said...

azazel's sacarsm is biting... but brilliant.

enjoy the trip... good to know I wasn't the only one trying to ease the boredom by reading ooooooollllllllddddddddd blog posts!

shorty said...

Wish you a safe flight.The terrorist thing is soo sad :(

Nee Fe Mi said...

Have a safe flight dear.....next year will be better....

Myne said...

All the best for your trip and holidays. The inept would-be bomber just spoilt the day for a lot of Nigerians. Oh weell...we will overcome

David.фаворит Бога номер-один said...

have a safe trip sweetie.
next time you are bored CALL MOI!!!
as for the terrorist thing...
I CAN'T SHOUT!

a smart/stupid rich kid...
have a good one!

Ms.O said...

HAVE A SAFE TRIP!

leggy said...

i wish i could go home..mscheww.lol.have a safe trip dearie.

BSNC said...

Safe journey and have a good one..