Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 2: I Feel Strongly About...

Morning me Darlings,


So yeah, I'm blogging two days in a row :) I guess we can say the challenge is working so far. Today's post should be on "something I feel very strongly about." Hmmm...come to think of it, I'm not the kind of person who usually has strong views on things and argues and defends them everywhere I go. Like I'm hardly ever in an argument, heated debate or discussion about things. For example if people are gathered together talking about politics or women's rights etc I'd be the kind of person who will just say my piece and keep it rolling. I don't stay debating for hours. Now I don't know if that's a bad thing; maybe I'm not passionate enough? Or am I just too open about things that I like to try and see it from both sides? Or am I just not in tune with issues of the world etc? I don't know.


For now I feel strongly about "men who bring nothing to the table." Again, time and time over I've seen an experienced this both personally and through friends. We come from homes where our mothers have been the Hercules in the home. Taking care of things, and doing it with a smile so that the kids don't notice. Telling us, oh Daddy & I got you this, but we know the truth. It's one thing to have a woman be the breadwinner, but also to have a husband who gives her due respect and appreciates her for what she does. But when some men still belittle their wives/significant others despite the fact that they the men are not bringing shishi (nothing) to the table, that I can't stand! It's crushes me!


Time to bring money for school fees - "I don't have", "Where do you expect me to get it from?" "Why is the school fees so expensive? Isn't there anything cheaper?" *sigh*


Pls money to go to market for the month - "Manage whatever is in the house", "Thief! U want to go and buy the whole market", 


Christmas is coming, this children need clothes - "That's how u spoil them abi", "They should wear last yrs clothes"


Stupid, irritating responses meanwhile these men are keeping mistresses outside, even in the same school that their kids are going to, where they complained that tuition is too expensive. *sigh* I could go on, but you get the picture. This too is one of my worries/paranoia that I don't want to end up in such a situation, 'cos heaven knows I won't take it. I can't take it. I'm patient and understanding but these have limits. I don't intend on being a full-time housewife, but I do not want to carry the whole family on my tiny shoulders. 


Few years ago, I was the girl who would say ahhh dnt be hard on the guy, jst manage. I didn't want to be thought of as a gold-digger, but today, my tone is different. I'm not saying the guy should be TFB or some millionaire, but please if I am bringing something to the table, I see no reason why you shouldn't. Love is great! Love is wonderful, but show me stability and financial security in addition to the love.


So there, you have it. This is what I feel strongly about - Men who do not bring anything to the table. And this is why I said yesterday that hardworking men def win my heart.


*TFB - Trust Fund Baby




Have a great day guys!


Hugs & Kisses,
Miss Enigma!      

5 comments:

AliceDCL said...

this is so on point.
especially when it comes to marriage there is no compromise,
thats why id date a guy that has nothing now, if i see that he has a passion and a plan to get there in the nearest future, i dont need you to be my father, but men, im not in school for nothing, if im going to be be hardworking and still be your wife and kid's mother you better be ready to do your part also

NaijaScorpio said...

I'm the opposite of you and i feel strongly about a lot of things, hence i'm always arguing. lol. I don't think that's such a good thing but everyone is different.

Yeah, i agree. A lot of men do that and get away with it.

LohiO said...

I feel strongly about few things. I would only argue non-stop if I know my view is right. Men who do not bring anything to the table are what we call a weisttttttt!!!

@ilola said...

As for me, I feel strongly about some things but I stay foff politics and football.
As for the lazy men, if women will only agree not to accept these lazy trend, I think the men will get their senses straight. But unfortunately, we are not united enough. Sad fact

atilola.blogspot.com

Giagerry said...

@lohi "I would only argue non-stop if I know my view is right.", how do you mean by your view is right? Is there ever a "right" view though? One would argue since it is a view, dey r bound to be different, with no one being right. It all boils down to the basis(foundation) of that view and that you just believe it for urself. but that a view is "right", is very contestable.

Enuf of my grammar, yall shuld find ur way to my blog and add to the story :)