Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thirsty Tuesdays II

Y'ello 


How's everyone's week going so far? Hope great! So it's a bit slow here on the 9 - 5 so I decided to quickly crank out a post before I succumb to laziness and not update le blog. :)


I can't believe February is over! I mean it was just Valentine's day two days ago...no? Wow...time is going by fast sha.


Over the weekend it was a friend's birthday, and her closest friends organized a surprise b'day party! *sigh* I love surprises...and a surprise party would be nice. Just knowing that people took out time, funds and effort to organize something really nice for you is a great feeling. To be loved, is a great feeling.


So, even though my b'day is 4 months away it got me thinking, what am I doing for my b'day this year...I mean after-all it is the "Big 25!" *sigh* I am getting old! (But, I don't look it, did I tell y'all I got carded at the movie theatre about 3weeks ago) Anyways, my friends say it's gonna be hard to top my last b'day on the Party Bus (catch up here), which everyone agrees was the best party of the year!! I was sooo happy that day! Well so far the options we're playing around with are; a destination party, roof-top themed party, boat cruise party. The themed party is my favorite/most reasonably priced for now :) Time will tell...


Still on birthdays...it's my friend's 23rd this coming weekend. I don't know what to get her! I need suggestions PLEASE! Like I'm totally clueless! Like I can't think of something that she's really crazy about...or something that she likes to collect. This is hard! :( 


Stilllll on birthdays...(this is the last I promise!) it's my Mom's birthday in about 3 weeks...no clue as to what to get her either. What do you get someone who doesn't know how to do for herself, but just gives, gives, gives...my Mom gets more happiness from making sure others are happy. I'm not kidding you! I want to get her a spa date, but getting her to actually gooo to the spa na wahala! Mommie is gonna be 60! Lord please loooong life and good health for her! Amen. 


What would you do if you found yourself in love with your best-friend's fiance who initially was your casual platonic friend first, before he/she started dating your best-friend?


I watched the movie Something Borrowed over the weekend, and that was the story...and some of us were conflicted on the issue. Do you lose your friend of since primary school/high school/college over a guy? Or do you pick your friendship over a guy who could possibly be "the one" (Note that by "the one" I believe that we can be compatible with more than one person, but what if this guy is your 95% match, and every other guy would probably be 70 - 80% match...hope this makes sense?)  What would you do? 


On last week's episode of Private Practice, Jake Reilly told Allison Montgomery  (and I'm paraphrasing)...When I'm in a relationship, I go all in. No buts, what ifs or maybe. I've been there, done that and I'm done playing games because I know what love is, and I know how it feels to lose it. I'm a good man, but you're not ready for what I have to offer. You say you want me, but you're still pinning after another man...and until you're ready for all of this and me, I'm not going to have sex with you or become an item with you.


...This just got me wondering, sometimes people say I want to be in a relationship, I want a man, I want a girl-friend, but are we really ready for what commitment entails? In Allison's case, its the fact that she's still stuck on her ex, but at the same time sees a good guy that she wants. For other people it could just be being mentally ready to share your life with another. It's no longer me, me, me...are you ready for 'us'? Are you financially ready to handle 'us'? Even spiritually, when you pray or you're trying to do better in your faith you can't just focus on you alone, you intercede on the other person's behalf too...'us'? Career growth you have to carry each other along regardless of the different paths you're on, you need to support, encourage and motivate each other...'us'? Personal interests and past times; sure watching Soccer isn't your thing but it's his so you find a way to either like it or just respect it (Eg #TeamArsenal by boyfriend lol)...no selfishness...'us'?


So yeah you get my point...it's great to have a man/woman and to be in a relationship, but are you really ready for #TeamUs? If you are not, I say enjoy singledom...enjoy your space...enjoy not having to check in with anyone...and when you are ready, then you can join TeamUs. Hope this makes this sha.


Let me know your thoughts guys...  


Have a great week guys!!! 


Hugs & Kisses,
Miss Enigma!      









10 comments:

Chocolate Diva said...

hey, just nominated you for versatile blogger award. check http://iamnotevensure.blogspot.com for more info

LohiO said...

Gurlllllllllll your last point is so it! So many people want the relationship but are not ready for all the work it entails! Its an US situation now. for ur friend buy her a gift card to a store she shops from a lot. For mummy, buy her a nice purse. something she can use everyday. she would love it then take her to her fave restaurant. :D

Myne said...

Your last point! Geez, you nailed it. Was just talking about that with hubby when he was reading some of the marriage avowals on my blog. And I want Jake and Allison together, seems it's not meant to be for now. He's so cute and those words melted me finish! LOL...

Why not go to the spa with your mum, or take her shopping, and you pay? Something you can both do together would be great.

AliceDCL said...

Gift card is always the way to go for your friend
Take your mum out and surprise her with home delivered flowers

rooftop party sounds fun.

AliceDCL said...

Gift card is always the way to go for your friend
Take your mum out and surprise her with home delivered flowers

rooftop party sounds fun.

Unknown said...

Seen that movie too... Something borrowed - Such nice story line. You know there are somethings in life, if you lose it, you lose it! Won't say more...

- LDP

Chic Therapy said...

I am so feeling what Jake Reilly said to Allison Montgomery #gbam

Abi Tobi said...

I agree with you girl! like I have had thisd "US" theme in my head all weekend ...

For ur mom, drive her there. Tell her you want to take her out and she will have a good time. soo, you should pick her outfit (so she does not "enter" iro and buba lol... and drive her down. Spend quality time with her and gossip about ur dad and siblings lol. It wil help if you get yourself the treatment too so she feels more comfy. SHE WILL LOVE IT!!!

KACHY said...

hey there, Just nominated you for the versatile blogger award. for more info, visit http://bitemylowerlips.blogspot.com
xx

KACHY said...

hey there, Just nominated you for the versatile blogger award. for more info, visit http://bitemylowerlips.blogspot.com
xx