Friday, July 9, 2010

A Night With Mr. Capable

Hello B'ville...

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes...I had a quiet day, nothing overly exciting but it was my day, and I was surrounded with people I love, who love me back unconditionally *sigh* I think the highlight of the day was my 4 yr old nephew singing Happy Birthday to me over the phone...brought tears to my eyes...I miss my nephews soo much!

Ok so I know everyone has given their own account of the Nigerian Reunion weekend (NRC) but I haven't. I only attended Sunday's events; even though I live in NY, I wasn't really interested in the other events. I attended Sunday's event for 3 main reasons:
- Banky W
- Banky W
- Banky W and the others...
If you don't know, know it now...I am his biggest fan...chai! As my birthday present my darling Ms.O hooked me up! I got to meet him in person *blushing uncontrolably* *sigh* I got to hug him, talk to him, take a pic wiv him. Call me a groupie, I dnt mind...for him I'll be a groupie. Even at the after-party performance, my friends and I were front and center infront of the stage and he sang to us...we were up close and personal...am sure I am officially a stalker in his books now sef...lol...and now he's following me on twitter *faints*

Neways, there were a whole bunch of other Naija celebs at the Comedy/Awards show...but I have to give the comedians thumbs-up. They had me in stitches...BasketMouth killed it mehn...I will definitely be going for any other show he headlines...other comedians were ComedyJedi (he has a single called LasGidi Boy...iLike), Seyi Brown, Mrs. Omokorede and cnt remember the last person sha. Ramsey Nouah is a fine man sha oo...dude looks good(except that he's beginning to go bald, someone shd buy him Rogaine STAT). 

So ermm Mr. Dele Momodu was there and pitching his presidency campaign...hmmm IMO I understand that we need a change in Nigeria, and we've had enough but what I really dnt understand is what is he (D.Momodu) bringing to the table? Why should I or anyone else vote for him? What experience has he had that will help him in running a nation such as ours? He speaks of change...what are his plans for the country? We're tired of 7 point agendas and what nots that never see implementation not to talk of fruition. What is his plan? How does he intend to go about bringing this change? Bad-mouthing past rulers is not enough, that's immature and irrelevant to the jobless graduate...Mr. Dele Momodu what do you bring to the table??? Running an international magazine is great! But I dnt think its enough. Yes Obama gingered and inspired the youth in AMerica, BUT he spoke of things that he would do...pls dnt just try and use the Nigerian youth base, give us something to work with.

So it seems as if all the correct Naija boys are either extinct, or they do not attend Naija related events or they were being held hostage somewhere because the kind of boys/men that I saw this weekend...odi kwa very sketch and patch patch. Infact u can't even patch with the ones I saw chei! PS: I am not on the market, but at least it wld have been nice to make friends and find someone that you can have sensible conversations with. And for my friends that are on the market...no potentials whatsoever at all. As we walked into the lobby of the hotel, it was as if we were back at Tejuosho market. You knw hw those traders hassle u,"Aunty come na", "I get wetin u dey find", dragging your hand and trying to tap current that will electrocute them...that was our experience o! Shuoo! When I enter cab na Long Island I been talk o, but y do I feel like I just landed Naij...lol.

Their pick-up lines sef na wa. "Abeg just give me 3mins make I take toast you"...lol..."Let's network in my room upstairs", "The show hasn't started you can wait in my room"...smh. The heavy accents, mouth/body odor, and general agbero appearance was not even helping matters. I bet you the workers at the hotel will refuse to host any Naija event again. Guys were just hanging in the lobby, loitering like correct area boyz...lol.
And my beloved Naija babes...pls pls lace-front is NOT for everybody naa...and una no dey look mirror??? I no fine o, but at least I dey manage look mirror before I comot house to make sure say I no embarass myself. And why wear white, full covered kpata under a white dress? Why? Shey black thongs have finish for market ni? ok o. I no talk again.

Pls why is it that we always reject our own??? Our artistes and performers come on stage and we all stand and stare like someone sucked the life out of us...mschew. But when a foreigner gets on the same stage we show 'em love. Put urself in their shoes, how wld u want ur fans to react towards u? A stage performance is not one-way, it's two-way...the artiste feeds off the audience's excitement and it takes a lot to get on stage infront of loads of people and perform. Please don't take them for granted...the state of our economy and our international reputation is not really at its best, so support the industry that is managing to put us in positive light. Did I tell you that M.I KILLED his performance...his first in the US and he repped WELL. He accused me of raping him with my eyes...lol...yeah I was that close to the stage. #goodtimesmehn.

All in all, I had a GREAT weekend! Did I tell you I met Mr. Capable himself??? Oh yeah I did...my bad...lol.

Please go and vote ooo...Nigerian Blog Awards...MOST ANONYMOUS BLOGGER...show a sister some luv biko nu...as belated bday present go and vote...oya go there now.
http://nigerianblogawards.com/

Thank you...!

Have a great weekend ahead my lovelies...and thank you for being you.

Talk to you guys soon,
xoxo,
Miss Enigma!!!
         

14 comments:

Nice Anon said...

A night with Banky and yet no photos? Gee lady!

Miss Enigma said...

Oh my bad...I'll put up the ones from him performing...I cnt put up the one I took with him, I never ready to show my face...lol

Giagerry said...

totally agree with the d momodu issue--I mean i hve nevr really heared of him b4 now. I think he should be a minister, commissioner or maybe governor first so we can see what he can bring to the table--this sudden run for presidency is very sketchy to me tho---biko Jonathan 4 preseident! :)

And about the 2 way performance thingy--ur right my dear!
ur crazy o--u name the post "a night with mr. capable" and then u put in one line at the end about it????---sure u have smoked u dis ge! :D

AliceDCL said...

huh
number one groupie say what
u want chance me
abeg
dnt try it oh
i love love love love love banky
did i mention i love banky hehehe
glad u had fun
dnt worry sketchy naija guys are everywhere

looking forward to d pics

leggy said...

lol..i dont even know who that mmodu is sef.
i like banky but not as much as you do.im sure.i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee basketmouth.as far as im concerned he is the best nigerian comedian there is.my 2 cents.
im gladyou had fun sha.

doll (retired blogger) said...

Groupie!

Nee Fe Mi said...

lol, glad you enjoyed yourself....

ee said...

See me rushing to click for pics???
I am so creating a group on fb"Operation Say No to Dele Momodu"
2011 Election is the greatest joke of all time.

Onose said...

Lmao this post was too funny...I heard the reunion sucked though, but ur desription of the dudes there was FUNNY!! you know thats the same thing I heard a lot of guys were complaining of at last yrs naija indy. in ny!! i would have attended but ONLY to network lmao...post some pics pls!

NaijaScorpio said...

lol @ odi kwa very sketch and patch patch. Infact u can't even patch with the ones I saw chei!

Yankeenaijababe said...

imao...l think this was the funniest post I read this week, wow odika patch patch o,

The lace front wig, preach sister is not for everyone, girl it's even worst in Naija, everyone want one, all the gbobo big girls are wearing it o for Naija

I can imagine girlfriend, wowo guys, the hotel would not wanta to host another Naija event next year.lol

Myne said...

Heey where are the pictures na? Banky W dey do me strong thing o...

TemiY said...

Nice.. seems like you had mad fun. Glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend.

Ms.O said...

LOL! Glad you liked your present!! Reunion commentary from me coming soon!