Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shame on Me...

Ahoy! How's everyone doing? Happy Hump Day to you all! Two more days till the weekend...can't really complain because the weather has been a-m-a-z-i-n-g here in NYC. Talk about upper 60's, and even 70's kinda weather...this def makes me a happy camper! Apologies for not putting up a post yesterday (Tuesday) like I've been doing for the past 2-3 weeks but I'm here now :) So let's talk me darlings...


I'm not one to go up to the pulpit or even just stand up to give testimonies in church. I get shy, and sometimes worry that it's too tiny a thing bother people with, or that there are people who might be hurting and this (my testimony) just might do more harm than good. Rewind to Dec 31st, 2011, E and I went to his church for midnight service. A very small Redeemed parish by his house, the kind where everybody pretty much knew everyone...his Mom is a worker in church too. 
Come testimony time, and E's like you should go up and give thanks, it's been a good year for you. I want to, I know I should but I look around and I'm worried that I might be showing off, that in a small community where people are just managing to get by I shouldn't rub my blessings in. Next thing, two different people go up thanking God for their red passports, another for job promotions, for acceptance into college, for good health etc... *sigh* What an idiot I was! Hoarding what God had given me thinking it was 'too much', meanwhile He's doing the same and more for people who I had wrongly judged. Shame on me!


I don't jump up in church every Sunday now, but what I learnt from that day was to not be selfish with my praise and thanks to God for His blessings towards me. No matter how little (or big) I might think it is, He is worthy of ALL praise! So today, I just want to say THANK YOU Lord for giving me a job! Today makes it one year since I started working here. I interviewed for this job Dec. 2010 (a week before I graduated) but didn't get it because I was going to be away in Nigeria all of January. They hired someone else, and I came back from Nigeria and was looking elsewhere...then they called me back mid February when a second opening came up. I didn't have the experience, but they trained me on the job. 


I have friends who I graduated with who still can't find jobs...and it breaks my heart! But I keep believing that their testimony will come; but I've run out of words of encouragement for them and all I can do is pray, and pray that they don't give up on themselves.


Lord, words cannot express how grateful I am for ALL that you do and have done in my life. I am undeserving, but somehow your mercy seeks me out when I cower and hide, and you shower me with your grace from day to day. Father, we do not question you nor do we doubt you but we trust in your perfect timing! While we wait for that time I beg that you please give all those waiting on you for their testimony (jobs, good health, fruit of the womb, salvation, etc) the patience and strength to keep holding on and trusting you becos sometimes it ain't easy. But with you, we shall overcome in Jesus name. Amen.


Speaking of waiting for something...I've been waiting for something for about 3+ years, and tomorrow is D day. I'm trying not freak out, or be overly anxious because it's really out of my hands lol. I've done my part; crossed my t's, dotted my i's and now (just as its always been) it's in God's hands to finish what He has started. If When all goes as planned, it'll be a new phase in my life. :)


Neways, thanks for sharing in my thankful post today :) I appreciate, and look forward to sharing in yours! Have a wonderful day, and hope you enjoy this song it's one of my current favs!!!




Hugs & Kisses,
Miss Enigma!!! 


  







12 comments:

LohiO said...

YAY!! Congrats booski!!! Its been one yr already??? Damn!!! Thankful to God on your behalf! And whatever is supposed to happen tomorrow, praying on your behalf..:D xx!

Unknown said...

God has really been good to you. please, always share the testimony to make His deed permanent in your life.. and most importantly to encourage others in faith.

God will perfect all that you'r trusting Him for tomorrow too, I pray.

Blessings

- LDP

AliceDCL said...

Yay!!!!
Congrats love
God truly is amazing, he truly is
I hope what you were waiting for was a success :)

jhazmyn said...

God really has been good to u :) and for all you know, sharing your testimony might just be what the next person needs to boost his/her faith.

Excited with you for tomorrow, be sure to keep us posted

doll (retired blogger) said...

what an amazing testimony! in these days of job drought

shorty said...

God is really amazing. Wish u all the best with tomorrow. Keep us posted :)

Nikkisho said...

God is Good!!!
I need to learn how to share testimonies...
Have a great weekend

BSNC said...

God has truly blessed you. Amen to your prayers. God will surely make our test a testimony.

Unknown said...

Congrats dear. I am happy for you and I am sure that you will get that which you are waiting for in Jesus Name, Amen.

Jadore-Fashion said...

Amen to your prayer...happy for you and the warmer weather is great too ;)

xoxo
Stella

Carol Lee said...

It is quite a challenge reading your blog because of the small font size, but it's worth it.


Utah graphic designer

donnie2 said...

Movies!!....Movies.... Watch New Movies @ http://cinema.mingleparks.com