Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Favorite Season

Hi Guys,


Long time no blog! I apologize, life has just been moving so fast that I find it hard to keep up at times...but I've been reading all your posts and updates. I just haven't had enough time to sit down and compose one of my own.


Summer begins today! Woohoo! Summer's my favorite time of the year! Sandals, summer dresses, sunglasses, beach, outdoor shows/events, BBQs, *sigh* these are a few of my favorite things! Hence why Summer is my favorite time of the year. The heat came in full-force today in NYC...94degrees, feeling more like 100 ain't no joke, and I ain't complaining :) I need the Vitamin D.


My b'day is about 2weeks away! Another reason why I love this time of the year. It's my day, and I get to have friends all around me, having a good time. I'm always so happy when I'm surrounded by friends, acquaintances and everyone is having a good time...it makes me happy when my peoples are happy, yes, peoples lol. What do I have planned for they day? Trying to do a roof-top party kinda thing, but finding a roof-top venue in NYC that'll allow me have my own DJ na wahala...but we'll see how it goes. Last, last we'll all just pack inside someone's house and party don start be that. See the beautiful thing about my peoples is that it doesn't matter where we are, we ARE the party, so as long as we are all together and gbedu dey, everything's good. Will gist y'all how it goes sha. 


Anyh


This year, its the big 2-5! I don dey old shaa. *sigh* But I can still pass for a 16/17 yr old :) I gerrit from my mama. I'm thankful for life. My big b'day present for this year is arriving a week before my b'day :) Hint: When I hug my present, my present hugs me back...unlike my pillow. And my present gives kisses, really good kisses! :) That's all I'm giving away. 
Ehen! my dear readers where can I find a banging, correct foinnne dress to buy in thi NY? I don't wanna buy a dress that on that day I'll see three people wearing the same thing...and my close friends have banned me from wearing my default style of cloth which is skirt and blouse lol x_x pls help a sister out!  


"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve; the fear of failure" - The Alchemist (Paulo Coehlo - love his quotes!)


I worry about failing, but I also worry about not trying, not knowing, and then looking back years, years from now and regretting not doing, not trying. But its so hard to take that first step, especially with the world watching, waiting to judge...both fairly and harshly. To pull you down and laugh as you fall, or be amazed as you rise and then want to be a part of your success. Lord give me the strength, courage and wisdom to start and to keep moving. Because I don't want to be a weisst lol, 


I just read this old post on Myne's blog Visa lottery, moving to the US and moving back to Nigeria, and it just reminded me that I have a few thoughts about it but post for another day.


Have a great day everyone! Hang in there the weekend is almost here!   



Hugs & Kisses,
Miss Enigma!
xoxo




   

3 comments:

LovePaprika said...

Ok "See the beautiful thing about my peoples is that it doesn't matter where we are, we ARE the party" I like this and you my dear have made me start googling Paulo's quotes because I really neeeded that! so many ideas and the fear of failing is truly a bondage!!!

LovePaprika said...

you WONT be a weisst dont worry lol

Buatbest said...

nice entry..and, happy birthday ms..greeting from Malaysia..!!